This is a general summary notice of our privacy practices and briefly describes how the medical information we keep on patients is used and disclosed and how patients can get access to their medical information. Please review it carefully.
The privacy of your medical information is important to us. We understand that your medical information is personal and we are committed to protecting it. We create a record of the care and services you receive at our organization because we need accurate information in order to provide you with quality medical care and to comply with certain legal requirements.
- Keep your medical information private.
- Provide or post a copy of the full notice describing our legal duties, privacy practices, and your rights regarding your medical information.
- Follow the terms of the current notice
- Change our privacy practices and the terms of this notice at any time, provided the changes are permitted by law.
- Make the changes in our privacy practices and the new terms of our notice effective for all medical information that we keep, including information previously created or received before the changes.
Before we make an important change in our privacy practices, we will change this notice and make the new notice available upon request.
- View or get copies of certain parts of your medical information. You must make your request in writing (there may be a service charge for copies of medical records, please allow at least 5-7 business days for copies to be prepared.)
- Receive a list of all times we or our business associates shared your medical information for purposes other than treatment, payment, and health care operations and other specified exceptions.
- Request that we place additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your medical information. We are not required to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by our agreement.
- Request that we change certain parts of your medical information. We may deny your request if we did not create the information you want changed. If we accept your request to change the information, we will make reasonable efforts to tell others, including people you name, of the change and to include the changes in any future sharing of that information.
- You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this policy by making a request in writing to us.