An Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) removes excess skin and tightens the muscles in the abdomen.
Candidates for a Tummy Tuck
The procedure is most common in women who have had children and are unable to get rid of a protruding abdomen through diet and exercise. However, this procedure has been performed on both men and women who struggle with excess tissue in the abdominal region. Tummy Tuck results are typically long lasting, and patients who follow proper diet and exercise programs following the procedure are usually thrilled with the results.
A Tummy Tuck procedure works to remove excess skin around the tummy area, while at the same time tightening the underlying abdominal muscles. As a result, the abdomen is left looking much flatter than before.
If the fat deposits are limited to the area just below the navel, you may require a less intense procedure called a mini-Tummy Tuck.
- Consultation with Dr. Leif Rogers
- Create a customized surgical plan
- Take pre-op photos
- Meet with our Practice Manager, Robin Chamberlain
- Schedule surgery with our Surgical Coordinator
- Obtain surgical clearance from your family doctor
- Return to the office for a pre-op before Surgery
- Have surgery
- Return to the office within one week of surgery for your post op visit
Following a Tummy Tuck procedure, it will take about 2 weeks before you are standing upright and walking around as normal. While visible results are apparent immediately following surgery, it will take 1-2 weeks for swelling to subside and reveal your slimmer, firmer abdomen. Keep in mind, the scar left behind from a Tummy Tuck will take several months to a year to fade; however, it can often be hidden beneath the bikini line.